DIY Kintsugi Kit – Imperfection is the new Perfection.
The easiest starter Kintsugi set! A kit that loves every break, crack and chip.
When repairing something in life, we often look to repair it to exactly as it was beforehand. However, as Kintsugi teaches us, sometimes it’s better to wear our imperfections and use them to our advantage. For anyone interested in repairing items without trying to simply return them to the impossible past, our Kintsugi Kit offers the ideal starting point. Instead, seal up those shattered areas and bring the remaining parts back together with the power of our Kintsugi Kits!
Designed to help you master the ancient Japanese art of Kintsugi, you will learn to use a coloured glue to help seal the cracks and snaps of items back shut. Buy one of these Kits, and you shall receive:
- Epoxy Fast Glue ** High Grade Epoxy, locally produced in the Netherlands
- Premium nontoxic color powder
- Detailed instructions to follow. – Available on English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese & Spanish.
- Craft Wood Brush
- Bamboo Mixing Sticks for easier preparation.
- Recycled Palm Leaf Mixing Tray
- Gloves Latex & Powder Free for protecting your hands throughout.
Imperfections show progress, and Kintsugi teaches us to wear that progress even in the items we own. Follow the instructions provided, and before long you will come to see Kintsugi as the ideal DIY repair mechanism that provides a very important philosophical lesson, too!
Kintsugi Step by Step:
Once you have got hold of your kintsugi kit.
We offer you step by step instructions on how to carry it out.
- Find the right broken ornament (whether it be a plate, vase or mug - keep it quite simple to start with).
- Mix the powder and epoxy glue together with the mixing bamboo sticks on the mixing tray.
- Then start to piece it back together again (essentially so you know which bit goes where).
- Finally, start to apply the sticky powered glue to put your broken piece back together again.
- Apply an extra sparkle on top of the repair when the glue is almost dry.
- Let it dry for 48 hours. Its READY!
Check out the Kintsugi tutorial video we have done below.
Which material this kit works?
We work with the best Epoxy Glue in the whole Europe, from Bison. It will work on pretty much everything you can think of: porcelain, ceramics, jewellery, glass, wood, terracotta, hard plastics.
The epoxy fast glue is resistant to the max of 100 degrees Celsius /212 Fahrenheit, hotter than that components will melt, therefore will NOT be safe. We do not advise dishwashing, microwave & pouring very hot drinks directly.
If you have any specific questions about the DIY Kintsugi Kit or just any general Kintsugi questions at all - the Mora Approved customer services team will be more than happy to help you further.
Send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org ♡