DIY Kintsugi Kit - Available in 12 Colours
When repairing something in life, we often look to repair it to exactly as it was beforehand. However, as Kintsugi teaches us, sometimes it’s better to wear our imperfections and use them to our advantage. For anyone interested in repairing items without trying to simply return them to the impossible past, our Kintsugi Kit offers the ideal starting point. Instead, seal up those shattered areas and bring the remaining parts back together with the power of our Kintsugi Kits!
Designed to help you master the ancient Japanese art of Kintsugi, you will learn to use a coloured glue to help seal the cracks and snaps of items back shut. Buy one of these Kits, and you shall receive:
Use this combination of items to then follow the instructions provided. Mix together your colour powders and glue, and use the sticks and brush to help quickly and effectively seal the damage done to any item that can be conventionally repaired. Seal it back together and allow the cracks to be worn as part of a new design as opposed to hidden.
Imperfections show progress, and Kintsugi teaches us to wear that progress even in the items we own. Follow the instructions provided, and before long you will come to see Kintsugi as the ideal DIY repair mechanism that provides a very important philosophical lesson, too!
Is this a gift for a lovely one? You can also choose for gift wrap and a personal message. Just leave us a note.
** Chers clients Francophones, nos instructions sont maintenant disponibles in français! (sur demande)
Kintsugi Step by Step:
Once you have got hold of your kintsugi kit.
We offer you step by step instructions on how to carry it out.
1. Find the right broken ornament (whether it be a plate, vase or mug - keep it quite simple to start with).
2. Mix the powder and epoxy glue together with the mixing stick.
3. Then start to piece it back together again (essentially so you know which bit goes where).
4. Finally, start to apply the sticky powered glue to put your broken piece back together again.
5. For all metallics colours we advise to apply extra powder once the adhesive is almost dry, so you can have a better result regarding the colour.
Check out the Kintsugi tutorial video we have done below.
Please note the materials are not FDA approved.